What is Hair Split Ends?
Splits ends is when the hair becomes forked in the event the protective cuticle is damaged and thus makes the inside of bright hair, which weakens it. The fork is usually a length of two to three centimeters. Its tip like a pen and its color is lighter compared to the rest of the hair. The forks are due to chemical and physical stress of the hair. By avoiding certain mistakes, we can prevent fork or at a minimum delay their appearance as well as their severity.
Some of these mistakes are;
- Use your hairdryer in the position of cold air. From the hairstyling equipment like curling irons, dryers and e.t.c. to dry out the hair straightener and removes their natural protective oil.
- Drink plenty of water. This is good for body and hair and moisturizes the inside out.
- Do not follow this rule of one hundred strokes when her hair. This is not good for the hair cuticle. Minimize time to brush your hair. Never brush wet hair because it damages the hair length. If the hair is very tangled, gently move your fingers from the tip to the roots. Preferably use a comb with teeth apart or spaced bristle brush rather than the nylon brushes.
- Take all the pins that do not have rounded tips. Pins pointed toe damage the hair when they are removed.
- Protect your hair from the sun. Because the sun dries the hair as well as styling tools. The sun hats are fun and give a style while protecting it effectively. During cold weather, make sure that your hair does not rub abrasive materials such as wool garments.
- Never cut your hair with blunt scissors, because it would intensify the damage.
- Avoid styling products and shampoos containing alcohol. Because alcohol dries the hair and makes it brittle.
The key thing in how to prevent split ends is hydration!
The hair gets split ends because they are dehydrated and have lost their natural protection such as fatty oil. Sebum contains natural oil that nourishes the hair. Using a deep moisturizer once a month will help protect the natural moisture. Once the forks appear, must be addressed immediately. Otherwise it will get worse. The only way to get rid of them is to cut below a centimeter, to protect the hair, and again every six to eight weeks.
Home hair treatment for split ends:
The best way to get rid of the forks is to go to the hairdresser and ask him to cut only the length needed. But you can also do so in the meantime you. Then take a very sharp pair of scissors and cut the damaged spikes.