Indisputably one of the main concerns for most women are the dreaded wrinkles that come with age, usually on the face, neck and hands.
Wrinkling occurs when the production of collagen and elastin decreases over time. They are the proteins responsible for tone and flexibility to the ligaments, tendons, cartilage and skin, causing firmness and elasticity to be lost .
Other factors such as pollution, smoking, alcohol, ultraviolet rays from the sun, poor eating habits and excessive consumption of fat, lead to the formation of free radicals. They in turn damage the membrane of skin cells by stimulating wrinkles.
It is very important to be well-rested and moisturize the skin to prevent the appearance of expression lines.
While it is inevitable over time, you can delay the presence of wrinkles on the skin, these simple tips:
- Maintain a balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables because they give our skin the essential nutrients for the production of collagen and elastin needed to delay the onset of wrinkles.
- Drink at least two liters of water daily, dehydration causes wrinkles to be more noticeable. As well, use moisturizers with humectants to attract more water to the cells of your skin.
- Consume Vitamins A, C and E, which act as antioxidants. In particular, Vitamin C helps produce collagen and elastin. You can also choose to use creams containing such vitamins.
- Avoid drinking and smoking, which affects the production of collagen and elastin. This will make your skin look thin and weak, stimulating the formation of free radicals.
- Sleep at least 8 hours a day, for the body to recover and make your skin look better.
- Use sunscreen so that your skin does not lose strength and not easily dehydrated with ultraviolet rays.