Dark underarms can be caused by various reasons such as:
- Genetic predisposition
- Accumulation of dead cells
- Use of certain deodorants
Generally, dark armpits can be lightened using three major approaches;
- Proper hydration: If you use moisturizer rich in vitamin E, you will hydrate your skin; keeping it softer, and preventing staining due to the sunlight.
- Bleaching creams: resorts to such creams if your armpits are very dark. I advise you to try it first on a small area , so that you avoid the risk of irritation.
- Exfoliation: Often sudden darkening is due to an accumulation of dead cells or deodorants. So before resorting to any method or bleaching cream, I recommend you exfoliate the area very well.
Waxing is a good method to help with light underarms since the hair roots are completely removed. This prevents odors and stains on the skin. However, this method may not work for everyone as some people have very sensitive skin to wax.
Below are some of the home remedies to lighten armpits
This recipe is an exfoliating cream. To do this you will need oatmeal, lemon and honey. Mix them well to form a paste, put on this mix in the armpits for one hour and then rinse. Apply the blend twice a week.
Recipe Lemon and glycerin
Thoroughly mix lime, glycerin and almond oil (in equal parts) and Apply 20 minutes before bathing every day. You can store the blend in the fridge.
Mix two tablespoons of plain yogurt, two tablespoons of glycerin and small amount of lemon juice. Apply daily before bath. It’s advisable to clean your armpits with olive oil prior to applying the mixture. As well, the blend can be stored in the refrigerator.
This blend will not only bleach but also exfoliate and moisturize the underarms. Mix 3 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons of baking soda and small amount of lemon juice or grapefruit. Apply on the armpits for 15 minutes and then rinse.
What did you think these home remedies for dark armpits? If you have any remedies not mentioned here please send me an email and I’ll gladly add them.